
I’m a little frustrated this morning… or a lot frustrated I guess. They say talking things out is one of the best ways to help yourself feel better, so I’d imagine ‘writing’ things out would carry at least partially, the same therapeutic results.
-
-
Mother Nature: It’s been raining all week, before that it was snow, with just a few days of sunshine sprinkled in-between months of bad weather. Usually I can handle it, but it’s really starting to wear on me. This morning it’s affecting my mood. I feel gloomy. I need the rain clouds to go away and sunshine to peak through. I’m that girl who loves being tan and uses being tan as a boost for my self esteem. White Adrienne doesn’t make me as confident nor nearly as happy. Sunshine, please come, I really, really need and miss you.
-
-
Visiting Teaching: Maybe it makes me a bad person complaining about this in an open forum, but I’m very frustrated at VT numbers. Granted, before they put me in as the RS Pres, I didn’t focus a lot of attention thinking about VT. The whole time I’ve been in my calling so far, VT numbers have been plummeting. You can’t blame me for taking it to heart, and desperately trying to figure out what I’m doing wrong. The girls just really don’t seem to care if they visit eachother or not. I just finalized numbers for the month of April, and they are abysmal. It makes me feel blue.
-
-
Dating: Dating is hard. Don’t let anyone tell you differently. I have now been dating for 13 years. 13 YEARS!!! That’s a long time. You’d think I’d have a handle on things at this point, but I don’t. I’m still as clueless about it as I was when I was a 16 year old tiny little tot. Guys I’m not interested in fall in love with me. I could do anything to them, and they would still be in love. I could not call them back for weeks, ignore phone calls, texts, notes, emails etc., and they would still keep coming back. Then there’s the other guys, the guys I actually let myself start to fall for. The second, and I mean the second I get interested in them, it’s like they can sense it, and they run, nay, they sprint in the opposite direction. Seriously, this is the curse I have. I don’t know if I have weird quirks, or habits, or things that I do on a 4th or 5th date, but whatever it is, I’m doing something that totally scares them off, causing them to disappear faster than I can say “thanks, I had a really good time.” This is my biggest frustration this morning. I just want to succeed. I really need a win right now. A notch in the success column.
4 comments:
I bet having those new friends helps during the hard times...even if no one else can see them!
I do my Visiting Teaching:)
As far as mother nature goes, can't help you there, other than to suggest a tanning bed. It's bad for your body, but good for your soul:)
Dating. Sucks. Period. End of discussion. I could be a horrible friend and quote some awful lyrics by Rascall Flats right now, but I think I'll stick with, chin up little girl, I BELIEVE one of these days someone you're interested in is going to fall in love with you and not sprint in the opposite direction. So...while it's hard for YOU to believe. I'll do the believing for you.
Hugs,
Holly
Oh Adge, I totally hear you on the weather thing! I am totally a solar powered creation. If the sun is up at 6, so am I. If it stays behind the clouds all day, so do I! The weather affects me so much it's kind of scary! But yeah, Utah weather is so insane, I'll be praying for some sunshine to come your way!
Also feel you on the dating thing. Sure I'm married now but I remember what it was like when I had to "play the game" Act too interested and they run "nay sprint" (hahaha) in the opposite direction. Why? Taber says it's because guys love the chase. They love the conquest of it all. Which is why Taber seemed bored with me when I was heart attacking his door and calling him every day. But then I said I wanted to date other people and all of a sudden he was sending me flowers and writing love letters. Whatever! Dating is hard!
The good news is, the sun will shine again, and I'm confident there is a totally studly, super attractive, spiritual, funny guy out there who is gonna be all yours and love you, white untanned skin and all : ) You're a babe, and you're AMAZING, so yeah, it's gonna happen!
love your guts!
I can think of a gazillion journal entries dedicated to the pathetic thing called dating. I don't think it ever gets easier and I don't think I ever figured it all out...Andrew just seemed to land into the picture. All I gotta say is the boys are retards out there. I don't get why they are "sprinting" away from you.
Oh, and spiders creep me out. Nice job on the kill job. A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do.
Post a Comment