RSS Feed

Thursday, October 7, 2010

Adrenaline Junkie

From my last post, you saw that I went Para Gliding. I went skydiving on Saturday (don’t worry, pictures soon to come) I think sky-diving finally pushed me over the edge. I used to just enjoy the sporadic adrenaline rush… that burst of excitement mixed with fear that really gets your heart racing and comes through doing fun/crazy things. Well, launching myself out of a plane at 50,000 feet was the ultimate rush. Now I crave it--that’s right, its official, I’m an adrenaline junkie.

Driving home from my parent’s house this past Sunday night, I sought after that rush. The drive usually takes me a solid 55-56 minutes. I made it home faster than I ever have dun dun dun—47 minutes. For those of you who can’t compute the numbers fast enough, I shaved 8-9 minutes off the drive. Mario Andretti would have been proud. I was going so fast, whipping in and out of cars, flying past everyone. (Granted, it might not have been the safest drive home, but it sure was speedy) the fact that I set a personal record, a PR if you will for my drive home, only heightened my rush.

I can’t help it, now I crave it. I found myself at Boondocks last night on the go-carts, pushing that little car to its limit, zipping around corners, I kept pressing down on the gas pedal, hoping against hope that the little guy could go faster, sadly it could not.
Split into teams later in the night for laser tag, running around in the dark--each person I ‘Lasered’ gave me a little burst of energy… I was running around like crazy trying to acquire as many points as possible.

Basically, what I’m trying to say is: It’s happened, I crave the rush--and now I can’t look back.

During conference one talk spoke on being addicted to things. My brother turned to me, and said I was addicted to adrenaline. I daresay, Dane, you may be right.

0 comments:

Post a Comment