It's always been easy to convince myself that i'm still young. I mean, i'm only as old as I feel right? and to be honest, I still feel like i'm 18 or 19... most days. (not the days where i wake up and my back hurts, and i stretch out my leg and it pops in 15 places) But most other days.
Yes, it's easy to convince myself of this, but when other age revealing clues start making themselves known, you kind of realize you might have to face the facts. Unfortunately that time has come and i've had a rude awakening as of late.

(Obviously this is not me, but I feel like it accurately portrays my feelings of finding gray hairs)
Two times, yes, two times, in the last two months, i've looked in the mirror, and had that scary/annoying looking wiry hair poking out of the side of my head--you know the one i'm talking about... it's that thick piece of gray hair. Sadly it sticks out like a sore thumb amongst the otherwise very dark expanse of hair i have coating the rest of my head, there's no way for it to hide. Each time i've quickly plucked it out, and tried to forget about it--those two times don't even include the time my roommate so kindly pointed out another one on my head, while sitting in church one Sunday. I believe her exact comment was
"wow, when you go gray, you won't be able to straighten your hair anymore, cause this little guy poking out is curly." I of course scowled at her, then immediately told her to pluck it out.
Basically what i'm saying is, the mirror doesn't lie. I'm getting old. Old age is coming... I can feel it, just like I can feel the colder weather of winter already approaching even though it's only September. I can try to avoid it, but inevitably it will happen.
Next thing you know i'll be complaining about the loudness of the radio, yelling at those darn kids to stop running past my house, or eating dinner at 4:30 in the afternoon. Yikes.
My youth is gone. It was fun while it lasted...
2 comments:
Ha ha ha ha! AMEN!
Haha! Dinner at 4:30 actually sounds awesome! I'll take getting old for that ; ) Seriously though, for the record, you are not old. And gray hair isn't a sign of old age it's a sign of wisdom, maturity, and I'm pretty sure awesomeness. See? you're just wise, mature and awesome. Nothin' wrong with that!
Post a Comment